**The cozy cheer**
_Because the light and colors bring it to life _
**Will I like it here? **
Definitely. If you want to live outside the city center in a modern, equipped property.
**Really? Tell me more... **
You will love all the natural light and the open-plan living room and kitchen that is perfect for relaxing or chatting with friends.
We think the apartment is perfect for an individual or couple who are looking for a peaceful residential district.
**Your top 3 reasons to live here: **
- The apartment receives lots of natural light.
- You don't have to worry about the winters because you've got heated floors
- You're well-connected by public transportation.
**But you need to know this...**
- Some of the items shown in the video will be removed because they belong to the current tenant.
**Our Homechecker, Katya, said:**
_“I really loved this property. The apartment is nice and very functional.”_
**Give it to me straight...**
This is a 1-bedroom apartment on Christophstraße, Berling. The property is bright and cozy and perfect for 1 or 2 people.
We think you will love exploring all the gardens and parks nearby.
- Enjoying the natural light on Berling's sunny days.
- Feeling cozy from toe to head with heated floors.
- Taking the tram into the city center to meet up with friends.
- Some items belong to the current tenant, which means you'll be able to add your personal touch.
- Property type: apartment
- Floor area: 40?m²
- Elevator: no
- Number of bathrooms: 1
- Wi-Fi installed: yes
- Smoking: not allowed
- Pets: not allowed
- Deposit: 2 months’ rent
- Payment method: bank transfer
- **Additional documentation:**
- ID / Passport
- Work Contract
- University Acceptance letter (if applicable)
- Recent Paychecks / Bank Statement
- Your landlord speaks: English, German
- Your landlord does not live on the property.
- The following stops are within a 5-minute walk of the apartment:
- S-bahn: Gehrenseestraße
- Tram: Lines M4, M5, and M17
- Several bus stops
**In one word:** Diverse
**Closest Metro:** Rummelsburg (S3), Frankfurter Allee (U5, S8, S9, S41, S42, S85), Lichtenberg (U5, S5, S7, S75, and some long distance trains), Bahnhof Friedrichsfelde (U5), and Hohenschönhausen (S75)
**Move here to be near:** Tierpark Berlin, Friedrichsfelde Palace, and Obersee and Orankesee Lakes
**Suitable for:** Families
**Can I afford it?** € (Budget friendly)
Commonly referred to as Berlinand's and'Asiatownand', Lichtenberg is a district defined by contrasts. It features an unusual mix of block-style modernist architecture and beautiful green spaces. Lichtenberg has an urban rap, but this is changing as more young families move to the area and new eateries and shops pop up.
**What can I do here?**
Lichtenberg Strandbar a der Rummelsburger Bucht, a and'beachand' on the Spree River, is a popular gathering spot for young people in the summer. For a little bit of culture, check out what is showing at the Canteatro center for music or at Gallerie 100, a contemporary art gallery. Dong Xuan Center is a shopping mall for all things Asian, including food and spices.
The East German intelligence group, the Stasi, had their headquarters in Lichtenberg until 1990. It has now been transformed into the Stasi Museum.